Summary of Information: The Strutt Family & The Mills
Friday, November 18, 2016
| ~ Please select your page from the links below ~
The Strutt Family & the Mills
- Derbyshire Strutt BMD Records on IGI
- All Strutt Names in Derbyshire (Births, Marriages and Deaths)listed in Date Order [Word DOC]
- Strutt Marriages and Children in Blackwell, Pinxton, Alfreton and locaities [Word DOC]
- Strutt records combined into families + BURIALS at their home church of Blackwell by Alfreton, Derbyshire.
- Basic Strutt Pedigree (image)
- Early Strutt pedigree attempted from the Records (to be continued)
- More complete Strutt Pedigree in PDF format[Please see addendum below]
- Website containing Family Tree of Strutts
- Family Tree starting with William Strutt (offsite link)
NOTE: in a correction to the above Strutt Pedigree (PDF), George Ashton Strutt - named after his paternal grandmother Anne Agnes Ashton died March 1935 in Khartoum, Sudan, not Derbyshire. He was buried in Khartoum. He is named on a memorial stone in the Belper Cemetery which states these facts. George had married his second wife, Mary Reeve (Ward) Winterbottom, in 1926 in London.
- The Influence of the Strutt Family in Belper
- The Strutts in their Locality - Family Origins
- Extract from "Self Help" by Samuel Smiles about Strutt and the Industrial Revolution
- Strutt Estate Plans at the Record Office
- The Strutt Archives at the Record Office
- Book Extract (Vicissitudes) about the Strutts (Word document)
- Book Extract from Memorials of Old Derbyshireabout Jedidiah Strutt (early days)
- "Portrait of Jedidah Strutt" extract from Imperial Magazine
- Description of the Strutt Mansion in Derby (work in progress)
- The Mills
Strutt, Slater and The Mills
Book Information Page: The Strutts, Samuel Slater and the Mills
- The Cotton Manufacture of Great Britain By Andrew Ure, MD, FRS. Volume One. 1836
- A Collection of Decrees in Tithe Causes (Extract) by Hutton Wood (1799).
- The House of Lords Session Papers (Children in the Mills) Extract 1816
- Samuel Slater, The Strutts and the Mills - by George S. White, second edition 1838.
Mills and Other Industry
- "The Mirror of Literary Amusement" report on Belper & Mills
- The Derby Cotton & Silk Mills; Book Extract from "A Collection of Fragments"about Cotton and Silk Weaving