These collections of books about Derbyshire, Belper, the Strutt family, the Cotton Mills, and the notable houses and families of Derbyshire are a valuable resource for anyone interested in researching the locality and families of Derbyshire.
I have personally transcribed some of the extracts, and other complete books are available for download. They are in the public domain, which is why I offer them freely for research here. However, please respect the fair usage of this website: I have spent a long time compiling these links and would appreciate if you would not reproduce it on another website without permission.
NOTE: You may buy reprints on CD of many of these books by following this LINK
Each link below takes you to a description and download link for a COLLECTION of books.
Some complete books are very large (over 40 MB) so please be patient. They are mostly in Adobe PDF format. Clicking on the link will enable you to read the book online providing you have the correct plugin to your browser. Otherwise, download the pdf file and read it on your own computer. See the download instructions at the bottom of each booklist page.
History of Derbyshire
The Feudal History of Derbyshire: By John Pym Yeatman
- Five volume work ancient records of Derbyshire 11th - 13th centuries.
- The Domesday Book for the County of Derbyshire
- The Pipe Rolls for Derbyshire
- Lost Certificates or Knight's Fees from the Red Book of the Exchequer
Records, Names and Families
- The Derby School Register 1570-1901
- The Old Halls, Manors & Families of Derbyshire by Joseph Tilley
- Derbyshire Charters
- The 1663 Visitation of Derbyshire (Pedigrees of notable families)
- History & Gazetteer of Derbyshire: Vol1 1-3 Stephen Glover 1829
- The Kirk Family of Alfreton, compiled by Miranda S. Roberts 1912
- The Monuments of Ashbourne Church Sir Brooke Boothby Bart
- Notes on the Churches of Derbyshire Vols 1-4 by Charles Cox in 1875
- Churches in Derbyshire - Goodeve Mabbs 1876
- The Origin and History of the Primitive Methodists Vols 1-2 Rev. H. B. Kendall, B.A
- The Origin of the Particular Baptists
- Wesleyan Memorials 1823 (Thomas Slater of Derbyshire and others) Compiled by Duane V. Maxey
- The Parish Registers of England
- A History of the County of Derby: Volume 2 [Religious Houses]
Strutt, Slater and The Mills
- The Cotton Manufacture of Great Britain By Andrew Ure, MD, FRS. Volume One. 1836
- A Collection of Decrees in Tithe Causes (Extract) by Hutton Wood (1799).
- The House of Lords Session Papers (Children in the Mills) Extract 1816
- Samuel Slater, The Strutts and the Mills George S. White, second edition 1838.
Derbyshire Topography, History and Antiquities
- A Collection of Fragments, History of Derby, Vols 1-3 by Robert Simpson (1826)
- The History of Derby By William Hutton 1817
- Bygone Derbyshire By William Andrews 1892
- Derbyshire Gatherings by Joseph Barlow Robinson of Derby
- The History of Derbyshire By John Pendleton 1886
- A History of Old Derbyshire By John Pendleton
- The History of The Manor & Manor House of South Wingfield By Thomas Blore
- The Beauties of England Vol 3 John Britton and Edward Wedlake Brayley 1802.
- Vestiges of the Antiquities of Derbyshire 1848 by Thomas Bateman and Stephen Glover
- Memorials of Old Derbyshire By Revd J. Charles Cox. With many illustrations. 1907
- A New Historical & Descriptive View of Derbyshire by D Peter Davies 1811
- Magna Brittanica Vol 5 1817.
- The Victoria History of Derbyshire, Volume One edited by Wm Page
- The Victoria History of Derbyshire Volume Two [See HERE]
- A View of the Present State of Derbyshire Volumes 1-2 By James Pilkington 1789
- The History of Chesterfield 1839
- The History of the Borough of Chesterfield, by John Pym Yeatman
- The Records of the Borough of Chesterfield, by John Pym Yeatman
- 29 Volumes of the "Journal of the Derbyshire Archaeological and Natural History Society"